Silkberry baby gorgeous organic baby clothes
Silkberry Baby is an organic baby clothing brand from Canada. Developed by Carrie Shan, a mother of two young children, the range was conceived to create a baby bedding and clothing product range as her daughter had an allergic reaction to synthetic fibres.
After much research, she was able to source natural, eco-friendly and sustainable fibres - mulberry silk floss and bamboo fabric to be precise, and these she found to be the best natural choices available for baby and toddlers' bedding and clothing.
Silkberry Baby’s fabrics are Oeko-Tex 100 certified by Oeko-Tex, an independent, international organisation that tests for harmful substances or residue of chemicals in textile products. The Oeko-Tex 100 certification means the fabric contains no harmful levels of chemicals detrimental to human health.
Silkberry Baby's Bamboo Fabric is not only luxuriously soft against your skin, but soft on the environment too. They make a great baby gift as you are not only buying something gorgorgeous that is lovely on baby's skin but it is also Soft on the environment so that they can grow up healthy and happy.
Why Choose bamboo baby clothing?
- Silkberry Baby Bamboo Clothing is luxuriously soft and makes such a gorgeous baby present.
- Bamboo cloth is an indulgence with its wonderful silky softness and a similar feel to cashmere.
- The organic fibre is naturally smooth and round without chemical treatment, meaning that there are no sharp microscopic spurs that can irritate skin.
Eco-Friendly & Biodegradable
- Bamboo fibre is praised as “The natural, green and eco-friendly textile material of the 21st century".
- We’re not robbing the pandas of dinner! The type of bamboo used in Silkberry Baby clothing is the fast-growing ‘Moso’ bamboo and is not part of the Panda’s diet.
- The fast growth rate of Bamboo absorbs more greenhouse gases, releases more oxygen and doesn’t require replanting.
- Compared to cotton, Bamboo is far more sustainable. Cotton crops usually require irrigation, and extensive use of fertilisers and pesticides that can pollute the environment. Bamboo doesn’t.
- When a bamboo garment finishes it's useful life, it can be returned to the earth, as it is a natural
- "Bamboo fibre comes from nature and in the end, completely returns to nature"
- Bamboo fibre has been found to be approximately 60% more water absorbent than cotton, meaning it has an excellent wicking ability that will pull moisture away from the skin to evaporate.
- This absorbency is why bamboo is becoming the favoured choice of nappy makers and children’s wear manufacturers.
- Deodorising & Antibacteria
- Bamboo is naturally resistant to pests and pathogens, so it thrives naturally without the use of pesticides.
- This resistance extends to the bamboo fabric; studies show that even after many washes, bamboo clothing retains excellent anti-bacterial properties. This reduces the odour-causing bacteria that can thrive on clothing.
- Bamboo fabric has a decreased tendency to cause allergies.
- Many people who experience allergic reactions to other natural fibres such as wool or hemp, do not complain of this with bamboo clothing.
- The perfect choice all-year round.
- Bamboo is highly water absorbent, this draws moisture away from the skin allowing it to evaporate.
- The cross-section of bamboo fibres used by Silkberry Baby is filled with various micro-gaps, providing excellent moisture absorption and ventilation.
- Silkberry Baby Bamboo Clothing makes babies feel cool and comfortable in the warmer months, while in winter Bamboo’s insulating properties, keep them warm and cosy.